Vita Aid Professional Therapeutics
Saccharomyces boulardii is a probiotic clinically used in the treatment and prevention of gastrointestinal disease such as antibiotic-associated diarrhea, acute traveller' diarrhea, C. difficile infections, and H. pylori.
- The most effective probiotic for the prevention and treatment of antibiotic-associated diarrhea and recurrent C. difficile infections.
- Significantly reduces the duration of acute childhood diarrhea and the risk of prolonged diarrhea.
- Improves intestinal permeability and reduces relapse rate in patients with Crohn's disease.
- Reduces diarrhea in patients undergoing total enteral nutrition (TEN).
- Regulates intestinal microbial homeostasis and stabilizes the gastrointestinal barrier, interfering with the ability of pathogens to colonize and infect the mucosa.
- Modulates local and systemic immune responses.
Serving Size: 1 capsule
|Saccharomyces boulardii (whole cell)||5 billion cfu|
L-leucine, maltodextrin, silicon dioxide pullulan/hypromellose (capsule)
Does Not Contain
www xxx yyy zzz
Children (6-12 yo), Adolescents, and Adults – Take 2 capsules, 1-3 times a day, or as directed by a health care practitioner
Store under refrigeration (below 8˚C). Please finish consuming the product within 60 days after opening. Do not use if cap seal is broken. Keep out of reach of children.
Cautions and Warnings
Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you have nausea, fever, vomiting, bloody diarrhea or severe abdominal pain. If symptoms of digestive upset (eg. diarrhea) occur, worsen or persist beyond 3 days, discontinue use and consult a health care practitioner. If you have an immune-compromised condition (eg. AIDS, lymphoma, patients undergoing long-term corticosteroid treatment), do not use this product.
Take 2 Capsules Once Per Day