Coenzyme Q10 60 mg
Coenzyme Q10 is a vitamin-like essential nutrient that helps increase levels of cellular energy production and is required by every cell in our body. Known to promote healthy heart function, Natural Factors Coenzyme Q10 is naturally fermented, consisting only of the natural trans isomer identical to the body’s own CoQ10.
Each capsule contains:
Coenzyme Q10 Ubiquinone (microorganism) - 60 mg
Microcrystalline cellulose, vegetarian capsule (carbohydrate gum [cellulose], purified water, silica), vegetable grade magnesium stearate(lubricant).
1-2 capsules daily with meals or as directed by a health care practitioner. Keep out of reach of children.
- While there are no known adverse drug interactions, many drugs adversely affect CoQ10 levels or CoQ10 is able to mitigate the side effects of the drug.
- There has been one case where CoQ10 interfered with warfarin (Coumadin). Consult with your health care practitioner if taking this drug.
- In addition to adriamycin (discussed above), many experts recommend supplementing CoQ10 at dosages ranging from 30 to 100 mg per day in people taking the following drugs to prevent side effects or the depletion of CoQ10 in body tissues:
- Cholesterol lowering drugs, such as atorvastatin (Lipitor); gemfibrozil (Lopid); lovastatin (Mevacor); pravastatin (Pravachol); simvastatin (Zocor), etc.:
- Beta-blocker drugs used in angina, high blood pressure, and heart arrhythmias, such as acebutolol (Sectral); atenolol (Tenormin); carteolol (Cartrol); metoprolol (Lopressor, Toprol XL); penbutolol (Levatol); propanolol (Inderal); timolol (Blocarden), etc.:
- Phenothiazine drugs used in various psychiatric disorders, such as chlorpromazine (Thorazine); fluphenazine (Permitil, Prolixin); mesoridazine (Serentil); trifluoperazine (Stelazine); etc.:
- Tricyclic antidepressants, such as amitryptaline (Elavil, Endep); desipramine (Norpramin, Pertofrane); doxepin (Adapin, Sinequan); imipramine (Imavate, Presamine, Trofinil); nortryptaline (Aventyl, Pamelor); protryptaline (Vivactil); etc.
- CoQ10 also works synergistically with carnitine and pantethine.
Children: Suitable for children at one-half the adult dosage.
Pregnancy and Nursing: Due to lack of studies, safety during pregnancy and lactation has not been determined. Consult your health care practitioner prior to use.
Seniors: No special precautions are known.
Take 1 To 2 Capsules Once Per Day